Firstly, please read: What everyone should know about OSA.
If you suspect you have OSA, you should take action and do a sleep test. It is the only way you can get closer to understanding HOW you are sleeping. You can either do a sleep study via the NHS or via Intus. Here’s the process for both:
Via in In-Home Sleep Test:
GP Visit(s) ➞ Sleep Clinic Referral ➞ Sleep Study ➞ Result Analysis ➞ Treatment ➞ Follow up
• All treatment options available.
• One of Europe’s largest product ranges.
• Fast 7-14 day turnaround from study to treatment.
• Confidential service.
• Self pay
Find out more about a Detailed In-Home Sleep Test here.
Via the NHS:
GP Visit(s) ➞ Sleep Clinic Referral ➞ Sleep Study ➞ Result Analysis ➞ Treatment ➞Follow up
• May be free or next to no cost
• Not always well funded (equipment not always available to treat at the end of the process or you may not be offered ALL of the treatment options available).
• Not always, but often lengthy delays from GP to Treatment. (NHS ‘Target’ 18 weeks)
• Your result may be reported to the DVLA if you have a positive diagnosis.